Thursday, June 5, 2008

June 5


I title this post, "June 5" primarily because it took place on that date and secondly, because that was the day that these events occured on. We attended the banquet for track where Jaren earned his 3rd varsity letter for the year. The coach had high praise for him and said they were excited for what he will do in the future. The good news, bad news, of his running is that 3 of the 5 schools in our district are ranked in the top five nationally. That makes for some pretty stiff competition.


Darbi is on the road to reconvery with her arm. She now has on a permanent cast that will be in place for the next 5 weeks. That cuts into her summer fun but she is excited to have it off by the time she goes to "girl's camp" with McKenzie down in Utah. Her main frustration in life is being raised by a dad that is such a nerd. I dropped her off at school after she got her cast on and I asked if she needed me to come in with her since she was late. She gave me that, "you've got to be kidding me" look and asked if I could just right her a note to take to the office. I wrote, "Please exuse Darbi, she was having a pink club attached to her arm." She looked at me with daggers, grabbed the note and got out of the truck. I rolled down the window and asked if it would be better if I came in and sang to the office staff why she was late.


Nick graduates this Friday and is very excited to be done. His papers are in and he will have a few weeks to wait to find out where he is going.

2 comments:

Mom N said...

Our kids still roll their eyes and they are all over 30!

Heather said...

And her finger nails look so lovely too. Are those bruises on her fingers?

Can't wait to hear about the mission call. The Tomkinsons are off to Honduras (dental mission) in July.

You need to tell us something about Zoe...