Monday, September 5, 2011

No longer a Newbie

Hello Family!

This week has been so much better than last! Now that I have the hang of things, it so much better! Tuesday was awesome! Jeffrey R. Holland spoke at the devotional and it was absolutely incredible. He gave the best talk I have ever heard! He spoke on missionary work. Haha no surprise. The way he was able to deliver his message was mind blowing! He spoke with the power of the Spirit like I had never heard before. His talk has truly changed my life and the way I will look at missionary work forever! It was just what I needed to keep me going. He spoke for little over an hour and I was sad when it was done I would have sat there all night just listening to what he had to say! That experience really testified to me that he is truly an Apostle of God. It was crazy! When he ended his talk everyone was kind of in shock. I think everyone's mind was blown all over the place lol It was one of the most spiritual experience I have ever had.
Wednesday was great mostly because I was no longer the newest in the MTC! haha But it was also a good day for Portuguese I actually learned some stuff and whenever that happens its a good day. To tell you the truth, Portuguese is still killing me! Its been so hard for me to learn a new language! I have really just put all the faith I have into God and I hope he can help me lol jk but I do need all the help I can possibly get from him. But I'm sure I will get it eventually... Class is just great lol I love sitting in a tiny room with just enough space for 12 really small uncummfy desks and a teacher and sitting there for 6 hours a day! Its my favorite!! lol But its also the most useful thing to learn the language since the teacher sits in front and rants about who knows what while everyone in the class does but me. The whole time and starting tomorrow our teachers wont understand English so now I cant even ask questions lol its going to force me into learning I guess.
Thursday was just the same old day; wake up, shower, breakfast, class, teach class meeting, bed haha. One of the hardest parts of being here is there is literally no time to just sit and take a breath and relax. Every second is planned our for us and always have to be doing something somewhere.
Friday was a bad day. We where so busy we had a lot of class and the language was worst as ever for me. I was getting so frustrated! My brain was about to pop and I had a horrible head ache and a stomach ache; just wasn't a good day. it was one of those days where you feel like you cant do anything right no matter how hard you try. Toward the end of the day I was just so done and I needed help so I just said I quick prayer and when we went back to class the teacher put on a video clip. In it was an answer to my prayer. it gave me so much comfort. Before I was so done, and had no ideas what I was doing here, and this video was about a missionaries story of baptizing someone and it comforted me so much it helped me keep going. It was really cool!
Saturday was the usual class, nothing really exciting happened besides we did get the day off and we didn't have to teach an investigator so that was really nice but we had more class instead lol
Sundays are amazing here! Its my favorite day of the week... never thought I would say that but its so true I love them. Its so nice just to get to read my scriptures and go to really good firesides that are always so amazing and spiritual. The MTC is an amazing place. its the best/ worst place ever haha it can be so amazing one second then horrible the next I guess that's part of being a missionary though huh? lol but the good outweighs the bad by a lot so that's good.
P-day today we didn't get to go to the temple because its closed due to the holiday idk what it is. lol because days don't exist here, everyday is the same. The DearElders are awesome mom and dad! I love getting to read what you have to say at the end of the day it helps so much. thank you so much I love you tons. I miss the family a lot. I found it better to try and not think about it and that helps just trying to get lost in learning here. NO word on the Visa stuff only a few people have gone to brazil everyone is getting reassignments to the states I hope I don't but we'll have to see what happens.
I am holding up good, no need to worry haha I have grown so much spiritually its really cool how the lord watches over us missionaries he has a deep love that is really awesome its been good so far. keep up the good work with the DearElders, its great!! I miss you guys a lot and love you all so much have a good week I love you

Love Elder Novakovich

No comments: