Friday, February 27, 2009

P-day

hey dad,You would not believe the people here. They are so funny, just in the way they are and the way they talk. i laugh all the time, well at least once we are done talking to them. it is funny because when we talk to them they ask where we are from. we truly do stick out here. We actually were invited to an Anglican dinner last night, and oh boy you should have seen the looks we were gettin from people. It is funny how the tags, white shirts, and ties make you stick out to people. literally every time i looked up i caught people starrin at us. i just laughed. time is flyin here!!!! that much i do know, it is crazy that jordan is ready to go and justin fiestner is almost home!! holy cow. and i am almost a 1/4 done with my mission, that is such a scary thought. i will tell you though, i have not left any regrets. i can say that i have been workin my hardest and making the most of my time here. it has really sunk in to me that this is one shot i get at two years to serve the Lord. So i have been giving it my all and trying to do my best. Sounds like you had some fun at the campout. good ol' plumb cookin, lol. Good times on the winter campouts i had as a scout, i think those were some of my funnest ones. but i'm sure when we are younger they can be more enjoyable eh? it is funny, we are constantly around the ZL's here, cause they are 20 minutes away so we have every DA with them and also spend the night on p-days so we can hang out with them. but me and Elder Gray were talking last night about march madness and how we are going to miss it this year. i have been amazed at how i have not been that effected by sports while on my mission. i guess it is just a blessing of the Lord for my workin hard. I understand that you had to keep this one short, i just picture mom standing there giving you the look to get off the computer. she is a funny lady but i love her. does she still have taht missionary bear? she is just too funny. well dad, things are going great for me and i can say that i have seen some growth in myself. although at times it is hard, but then i pray that Heavenly Father will help me. i do find myself thinkin at times about the person i want to be and how i just want to be one of the great returned missionaries who when they get back you can tell they gave it all. i have tried so far and yes i slip sometimes, but i decided that the best missionaries are the ones that pick themselves out of the ruts quickly and get back to work. That is what I have tried to do so far. i really love being here and i love seeing the gospel work in peoples lives. even though i haven't had a baptism yet, or really even been close. i just dont know the ripple effect i might have, so i work hard all the time. anyways, enough ramblin by me. i love you dad and thank you for all the support you give me. i love you. Love Elder Nick Novakovich

3 comments:

The Plumbs said...

That's one special boy you got there! We love him - and the rest of you too! :)

Angela said...

Hey...can you send me an email by clicking on my profile in my blog? I have some pictures of Darby from camp I want to forward over to you. I know it has been forever but I keep forgetting to get your email and Hil didn't have it. Have fun in Hawaii!!

Melissa said...

Wow. What a wonderful attitude he has. You have to be so proud of him! I love what he wrote about the ripple effect. It's so true...ya just never know!